Follow these steps to care for your Irezumi tattoo.
- Soak irezumi for 10-15 minutes in hot bath (preferred) or shower as soon as possible after your session.
- Wash irezumi with mild soap at the end of the soak. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Repeat the soak and wash process before bed, and the next morning.
- Do not allow blood, lymph, or ooze to harden on the surface of the irezumi. Wash off as needed with soap and water.
- Keep tattoo clean and dry for 3 days.
- Use a non perfumed hand lotion starting on day 4 to encourage new skin growth and soothe the tattooed area.
- A very thin layer of bacitracin or aquaphor ointment may be applied to areas where irezumi has scabbed over.
- Continue to keep irezumi clean and moisturized with hand lotion until it is healed.