- Posted by Carl Hallowell
- On August 30, 2017
Today I have The amazing local potter, professor and musician Carl Block coming in for a tattoo. I am excited for this chance to tattoo this prolific artist from down in Waxahachie Texas. I am honored he is coming to me for his traditional tattoo today. I am hoping that he will agree to a short interview after his session. I am going to prepare the questions now- and see if he will oblige us with an opportunity to see inside the heart, soul, and mind of this creative tornado of the folk art world, in this new program I am calling the law of 5.
The Law of 5 with Carl Block
- How did you develop your iconic face jugs that a lot of us in North Texas are so familiar with?WEll theaters a long tradition of sculpting on pots…
- What comes to mind for you as you compare creating music to creating art?
- Can you talk about the Japanese concept of Wabi Sabi?
- Describe what you love about tattoo art.
- Why did you choose to get tattooed by me today?